HEAVY FABRICWaterproof Plaster
Provides durable protection
- Waterproof and robust fabric
- Extra flexible and breathable
- Super strong adhesion
The innovative Hi-DRY TEX technology guarantees durable protection in demanding situations such as outdoor activities, house work, gardening or DIY-projects.
- The resistant and flexible fabric dries quickly and doesn't get soggy.
- The waterproof and breathable plaster membrane keeps the wound dry and protected from dirt and bacteria.
- The super strong adhesion sticks reliably without leaving any residues.
The plasters are available as:
- strips in different sizes which seal all around the wound,
- dressing length which can be cut to the ideal size and
- assorted shapes to cover different sorts of wounds
How to use
HEAVY FABRIC 12 strips
|26 x 76 mm
HEAVY FABRIC 16 strips
|26 x 76 mm
80 x 6 cm
|10 x 6 cm||8 Pieces|
15 Special Shapes
|72 x 38 mm
50 x 44 mm
50 x 95 mm
1. How often should I change my plaster?
Usually, it is recommended to change Standard First Aid Dressings daily due to hygienic reasons. Some advanced plasters such as the Fast Healing Plaster that provide moist wound healing conditions are recommended to be left in place for up to two days or more in order not to interrupt the healing process.
2. Is it better to let small wounds dry at the fresh air instead of putting on a plaster?
It is one of the wound care myths that keeping minor cuts and grazes uncovered and let air to them helps them to heal faster. The contrary is true! Research shows that covered wounds heal more efficiently and have a reduced risk of infection. Hansaplast products provide protection until the wound is completely healed.
3. When should I consult a doctor?
We recommend contacting a medical professional under the following circumstances:
- If the wound is deep and causing major bleeding
- If the wound shows signs of infection such as redness, warmth, pain and swelling.
- If there are embedded foreign objects in it
- In case of animal or human bites
- If the wound is in the area of the face
- If there is insufficient tetanus vaccination
- And of course always when you have questions or are uncertain
4. What if my wound gets infected and suppurates?
You should contact a medical professional if you recognize signs of infection. This is not only the occurrence of pus but also swelling, redness, heat, pain, itching or burning. In case of infection the wound will need medical care and special medical treatment.
5. Does EXTRA TOUGH WATERPROOF stick to the wound?
No, it doesn’t. The Hi-DRY TEX technology and the extra strong adhesive ensure that the plaster sticks reliably to the area surrounding the wound while the extra cushioning wound pad is proven not to adhere to the wound. Thus, the plaster can be removed without pain and mechanical trauma and without leaving residues.
6. How can a textile plaster be waterproof?
Thanks to Hi-DRY TEX, which stands for a new innovative 3 layer-plaster-technology.
- The main top layer is made of an extra resistant and flexible fabric, which is water-repellent and dries very quickly
- The middle layer of the plaster is a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry
- Optimal protection is ensured due to the extra strong adhesive.
7. What is so special about this new Hi-DRY TEX technology?
Hi-DRY TEX technology stands for a new innovative plaster technology. The only extra resistant, breathable and waterproof fabric plaster that gives the wound maximum protection even under the most difficult circumstances.
The 3 layer protective plaster combines a tough, flexible fabric that dries quickly with a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry. The extra strong adhesive ensures optimal protection and can be removed without leaving residues.
8. What kind of wounds can be treated with this plaster?
When you are doing hard work with your hands either during your job or free time, wounds can happen.
In case of an injury special protection is needed to ensure safe, reliable and waterproof protection. The 3 layered protective plaster combines a tough, water-repellent, flexible fabric with a waterproof yet breathable membrane that keeps the wound dry. The extra strong adhesive ensures optimal protection.
EXTRA TOUGH WATERPROOF protects the wound in all stages of wound healing and prevents the exposure to external influences such as water, dirt and germs. Especially in demanding situations the wound should be covered until completely healed. It is recommended to change EXTRA TOUGH WATERPROOF regularly due to hygienic reasons.
9. Will the extra strong adhesion be harmful to my skin?
Due to the superior material and product quality the product is pleasant and convenient to wear and allows optimal adaptation to the skin. The extra strong adhesive ensures safe protection of the wound but at the same time is skin friendly and can be removed without residues.